Protecting your hearing at the workplace can be an invaluable investment and can potentially save your hearing in the long-term.
It might seem obvious, but the best way to prevent hearing loss is to avoid loud noises. You may need extra protection if the noise level at your workplace results in any of the following:
- You continually have to raise your voice in order to communicate with colleagues
- You cannot hear what others nearby are saying
- You experience pain in your ears
- You show signs of tinnitus (ringing or buzzing in your ears)
- Your hearing seems impaired after your work hours
Volume is measured in decibels; the higher the number, the louder the noise you are hearing. Anything above 85 decibels can be harmful – especially so if you’re exposed to it for long periods.
How loud is too loud?
Consider the following as a frame of reference:
30dB – Whispering
60dB – Normal conversation
70-85dB – Busy traffic
90dB – Motorbike
100-110dB – Listening to music at full volume through headphones
120dB – An aeroplane at take-off
Prolonged noise exposure can cause serious damage to your ears and can cause hearing loss as well as tinnitus. As specialists, we strongly urge that you take utmost care – noise-induced hearing loss is preventable should you take precautions.
For instance, people who play music at high volume through their headphones are at high risk of developing a change in hearing thresholds. This can either be temporary or, in the worst-case scenario, permanent.
Note that the effect is cumulative: if the habit persists over a number of years, then the chance of high-frequency hearing loss is exponentially higher.
Our products are specifically designed to protect your ears with advanced filters. These allow you to hear conversation yet defend against background noise. Our range includes everything from instant fit products to DIY and custom fit devices, all created to safeguard your hearing in noisy environments.
What are the Benefits of Hearing Protection?
- A comfortable fit for all-day use
- Absorbs straining frequencies and harmful loud noises
- Makes communication in noisy environments easier
- Custom ear-moulds cause no pressure in the ear – a perfect seal allows the necessary sounds to pass through
- Long-lasting comfort
- Tailor-made to your needs