There are several causes of ear wax , you might have ear wax build up because –
- You just might have more ear wax than others this comes naturally.
- You have hairy or narrow canals ( the tubes that attach the eardrum and the outer ear).
- Your age – wax can get harder and more difficult to fall out on its own.
- Your hearing aids, ear plugs or any other objects you place in your ear can push the wax further down the ear which causes it to grow on top and build up.
How to tell if your ears are blocked with wax-
You might have-
- Difficulty hearing.
- An ear infection.
- Sounds such as high- pitched tones coming from inside the ear (tinnitus).
Once the earwax is removed , these symptoms usually improve, if not go and get your ears checked by a specialist.